Building a strong personal brand helps you stand out in a competitive job market. Differentiating yourself shows what you have to offer an employer that others do not.
Creating a strong personal brand positions you as a thought leader in your field. This shows other IT professionals, hiring managers, and recruiters the value you can provide to an organization.
Having a strong personal brand helps form a lasting impression on hiring managers and recruiters. As a result, they likely will contact you about the jobs you apply for or opportunities that fit your skills and experience. These activities can help secure your next position.
Learn how to build a strong personal brand and stand out in a competitive job market.
Create Your Foundation
Build an authentic foundation that shows who you truly are. Purposefully and strategically showcase the value you provide for others.
- Ensure your brand reflects your values, beliefs, and passions. Include your interests, skills, and credentials.
- Focus your brand vision on what you want to be known for. Develop it according to your purpose and what you want to accomplish.
- Create a brand message that you want to communicate to your audience. Ensure it reflects your personal characteristics and traits.
Determine Your Target Audience
Consider the industry professionals you want your personal brand to appeal to. This should include IT professionals, hiring managers, HR professionals, company leaders, and recruiters.
Your personal brand is designed to attract people in your target audience. This means your brand resonates with these individuals and attracts them to you.
Develop an Irresistible Offer
Determine what you want to sell to your target audience. This may solve a certain problem or attain a certain result.
Focus on the value you provide others, such as employers, in exchange for something, such as a desirable job with competitive income, benefits, and perks and an attractive work environment.
Set Your Content Strategy
Create and share content that helps your target audience. This builds trust and positions you as an authority in the IT industry.
- List topics that would be helpful to your target audience. You can use an online tool such as Google’s Keyword Planner to conduct keyword research and uncover popular topics.
- Decide which type of content to create and where to publish it. Types of content include blog posts, videos, and infographics. Publication sites include LinkedIn, YouTube, and Quora.
- Focus on quality and consistency when publishing your content. You might want to start by creating two content types, such as blog posts and videos, and publish them on two platforms, such as LinkedIn and YouTube, and add more later.
Is It Time to Find a New IT Job?
Partner with RightStone to find your next IT role. Visit our job board today.