Success in interviews requires more than showing how your skills and experience equip you for a role. It also involves knowing as much information as possible about the company.
Researching the organization before an interview increases your odds of advancing in the hiring process. It also impacts whether you receive a job offer.
Discover some benefits of doing your homework on a company before participating in an interview.
Understand the Company Culture
Knowing about the company’s culture shows you intend to stay long-term.
- Learn about the company’s history and achievements.
- Research the products or services and how they changed over the years.
- Determine whether the business expanded to other locations or parts of the world.
- Find out who the CEO is.
Show Interest in the Company’s Success
Demonstrate that the organization’s success is your priority.
- Show you have the qualifications to fulfill the job duties and responsibilities.
- If you are applying for an entry-level position and lack experience, clarify how your company research demonstrates dedication to the business.
- Suggest specific ways the company can operate more efficiently.
Demonstrate Interview Preparation
Clarify that preparation is key to success in a position.
- Show your enthusiasm for working for the company.
- Demonstrate the value you can provide the organization.
- Clarify you take the initiative to gather information to make decisions.
- Develop conversation topics and questions for the discussion.
Express Enthusiasm About the Company
Show you are genuinely interested in working for the business.
- Demonstrate your willingness to invest time learning about something that interests you.
- Clarify how you value the opportunity to secure employment with the organization.
- Emphasize what you like best about the business, such as the fact that it gives back to the community.
- Show you would appreciate being offered the job.
Prepare Questions About the Company
Asking questions shows interest in working for the business.
- Demonstrate you want to learn more about the organization.
- Ask higher-level questions not answered in your research, such as whether the company intends to expand its offerings or reach new markets.
Explain Why You Want the Job
Detail what drew you to work for the company.
- Focus on how you can reach business goals to benefit the organization.
- Express exactly why you are interested in the position.
Looking for Additional Advice?
Partner with a recruiter from RightStone for increased success in landing a job. Visit our job board or contact us today.